Sometimes you need to factory reset your Wireless or Internet Router back to factory. The following steps are a general description and should work for most routers and manufactures.
By proceeding with a factory reset of your Wireless or Internet router you will loose all excising settings from your WIFI Name and Password. This will also remove any configured network settings such as special routing or port forwarding for specific services or applications.
Resetting Your Router
Please always refer to your routers manufacture for specific instruction for your model of router!
- a paperclip or something small like a pin
- Locate your router (this may have multiple network cables or even antenna)
- On the router you will need to find a tiny little button that maybe recessed near the the power cable
- You will need to press and hold this button in for several different routers will behave differently while this process takes place. Some router will flash all lights and reboot and others will just reboot.
- Once your router reboots you will need to reconfigure your router from the beginning and the these steps are different for each router manufacture and models.